Burger-less meal @ Relish, Cluny Court Bukit Timah

I'm SC's first non-family passenger in his new ride! Considering that he has not driven in the past few years, I was wondering if anything will mar our concert night. With my past experience with pre-concert meals and  SC's slightly rusty driving skills, one has to forgive my ominousity.


We realised that it always rain whenever we head out to somewhere unfamiliar. Then again, now with the car, I can dress a little bit nicer without worrying about soggy heels. We drove towards Bukit Timah and found ourselves debating over which cafe to try next. Since the concert was at NUS, Relish at Cluny Court was a good pit stop.

Relish is not a new name in the F & B industry. Rather it is an extension of Wild Oats, to serve comfort food to the masses. Okay, the prices are slightly above average but still affordable if you want to have a nice brunch out.

Caution: PARKING at CLUNY COURT during a rain storm is not a good idea. There was no sign to tell how many spots are vacant so you may drive in, thinking that there is a spot and get stuck because there is no clear signage to tell you when the dead end is coming up. 

The place was pretty empty when we entered. Although it was 3pm in the afternoon, it was a marked difference from Gastronomia downstairs. If it was as quiet like this every weekend, I should start considering bringing my work there and enjoy the peace. 
Relish at 3pm on a rainy afternoon
Every raves about the burgers here like the Ram-lee burger or the BBQ Char Siew Pork burger but eating burgers before a concert is inviting bits of bun stuck in between the teeth. I'll probably revisit this place for the burgers in the future, when I don't have a place to get to after the meal. We decided to have a proper dinner instead.
Spam spaghettini 
Medium rare beef steak with wilted spinach and potato wedges
The spam spaghettini was quite generous in portions and I must say dear fellows, it was jolly nice. It was not too oily and just right if a person is looking for something light. As for the steak, it was not visually the greatest as it sort of looks like it went through a mowing machine but it was quite tender. We both loved the wilted spinach. Not too sure why but it reminded me of the times when I over boiled my vegetables as I rushed my work out and just needed something to line the stomach cavity.
Latte was drinkable
Relish carries interesting desserts like the Milo and Horlicks cheesecake which I was trying to tempt SC to share with me but the diva wanted to watch his stomach. *spoilsport*  I need to find a dessert kaki who will travel with me for that cheesecake, perhaps on another rainy afternoon.

Relish @ Cluny Court
Address: #02-01, Cluny Court, 501 Bukit Timah Road, SG 259760
Tel: +65 6763 1547
Opening Hours: 12pm-3pm and 6.30pm - 11pm (Mon-Fri)
                         10.30-4pm (brunch); 4pm-11pm (dinner) (Sat-Sun)
Price:$$

Share:

0 comments